I am a bilingual San Francisco public school teacher running for the Board of Education. We are at a crucial moment for San Francisco's children. I know what our students, families and teachers need. With over 10 years of education experience and leadership, I can bring an important voice to the School Board.
Address Affordability and Housing Crisis for Educators and Families
- Prioritize development of family and educator housing
- Increase pay for all educators and address the income gap with surrounding school districts
- Collaborate with housing justice organizations to work with educators and families to inform and help exercise their housing rights and advocate for more affordable housing
- More resource support for students and families who are experiencing homelessness, living in shelters and in foster care
Improving Student Assignment and Increasing Special Education Services
- Allowing families to enroll and submit documentation on-line and providing real-time enrollment/space information for every school
- Increasing parent involvement and utilize parent feedback for evaluation and adjustments of current assignment system
- Streamline resource connection for Special Education students and other impacted students.
-Allocating more resources to support and better train educators working with students impacted by Autism, trauma, speech and other learning needs.
Increase Language Access for Families, Students, and Educators
- Language opportunities for every student in elementary, middle and high school
- Expanded translation services – on-call translation for teachers and parents
- More inclusive support for english language learners